Sunday 18 October 2009

Short Sci Fi Collection 16

Official Blurb

Science fiction (abbreviated SF or sci-fi with varying punctuation and case) is a broad genre of fiction that often involves sociological and technical speculations based on current or future science or technology. This is a reader-selected collection of short stories, first published between 1951 and 1962, that entered the US public domain when their copyright was not renewed.

My Review


The blurb doesn't give much away does it. This was a quite good collection of ten stories. Often with these collections you only get one or two good ones, but in this set there were five especially good stories, with the others being fairly average.

My favourite in this collection was story called "All Day Septemer", being a story set on the moon in the not too distant future.

The other stories I liked were "Beyond the door" and "Blessed are the meek", the latter of which brought a rye smile to my face as I listened.

I'd heard only one of the stories before ( often these short stories get repeated in later Librivox collections ) so it was a real breath of fresh air.

All of the readers were good and made it into a good listen. I give this collection a thumbs up.

Readng 2
Production 2
Story 2

Total 6/9

Download the collection from Librivox

Listen to my fave' story