Wednesday 6 May 2009

Short Science Fiction Collection Vol. 13

Official Blurb

Science fiction (abbreviated SF or sci-fi with varying punctuation and case) is a broad genre of fiction that often involves sociological and technical speculations based on current or future science or technology. This is a reader-selected collection of short stories, first published between 1951 - 1962, that entered the US public domain when their copyright was not renewed.

My Review

Well the blurb wasn't very informative so lets see what I can do to enlighten you. As suggested this is a collection of Sci Fi stories without any apparent theme od reason for putting them together as a group.

The random nature of the collection distracts me a little. As I listen to a lot of audio books I'm of a "next chapter" mindset, and you don't get that with these collections. The stories are by different authors about wildly different subjects and read by a random collection of voices.

So thats the downside. The upside is that this is fun little collection. I enjoyed all of the stories and I can especially suggest you listen to "The Golden Judge" ( not really very sci fi ) and "The Next Logical Step", both of which brought a smile to my face.

Reading 2/3
Production 2/3
Story 2/3

Total Score 6/9

Download it from Librivox

Listen to the first story