Wednesday 31 December 2008

The Day the Earth Stood Still

The Official Blurb

None.

My Review

Another old time radio story this time, not from the BBC but from the "Hollywood Radio Theater"

The story is a classic so I dont think I'll be giving too much away when I say that an Alien space craft lands in America and the Alien emrges demanding world peace. Of course it doesn't go smoothly.

This radio presentation is a full cast drama and I have a feeling that the man playing the alien in this drama is the same one who played the part in the old black and white film of the same name.

This show includes some of the american style radio introductions and outros so if you object to old style radio then you might not like this.

I really enjoyed the slightly cheesey acting style and apple pie family that take the lead. It's well presented and worth sticking in your ear if classic sci fi is your bag.

Reading 3/3
Production 2/3
Story 2/3

Total Score 7/9


Download the Show