Tuesday 3 August 2010

King Arthur and His knights and Maude L Radford

Official Blurb

A collection of King Arthur’s adventures, from his ascent to King of Britain to his death. This book includes some of the crucial Arthurian legends about Sir Lancelot, the Knights of the Round Table, Queen Guinevere, and the search for the Holy Grail.

My Review

This book has been written in an old style of english> For instance instead of saying "Knight of the round table", it's phrased, "knight of the table round". It's a quaint way of putting the text together and I feel it invokes the mood of the work very well. I'm not sure when this was written so it may be real old-english or a modern fake, but either way, it works very well.

So, as the blurb says, it covers all of the usual Arthur legends and even a few I've never heard of, and makes a fun listen if the legends of Arthur are your thing.

It's not a light-listen, as I sometimes found I had to re-listen to an episode having missed something that explains when knights were fighting. This however is probably just down to me not being attentive enough.

I really enjoyed the reading and it simply made-the-book.

Reading 3/3
Production 2/3
Story 2/3

Total Score 7/9

Download it from Librivox

Listen to the first chapter

.