Tuesday 15 July 2008

The Seventh Mountain

The Official Blurb

A dream, surreal and frightening, begins the path of 12 year old Mark Young's future; a path set long before he was even born. Fortunately, it's not a path he's doomed to walk alone. His course leads to true friends, fortune, and a place where he learns to wield great power.

This place is The Seventh Mountain, the place where Magi train. The Seventh Mountain conceals the direst legend known to man. Mark's fate lies within.

My Review

I have never seen or read any Harry Potter, but even I can see that this story is like Harry Potter, but with a slight Christian twist.

It's an episodic story that follows the exploits of a young lad as he discoveres his heritage and the Magic that is at its core. The young lad ends up at a Magic College where he is taught the arcane arts.

We have sporting adventure and a couple of small doses of actual danger, and the mysterious unknown is threaded throughout. We discover a bunch of small teasers which are never followed up and are obviously there to be furfilled in the remainder of the series. As yet, there has been no sign of the rest of the series.

I feel that this is a YA novel or perhaps even younger. I listened all of the way through but never really felt drawn into the story. The Christian elements were what hooked me, I kept thinking to myself, "how is the author going to pull this one off".

Reading 2/3
Production 2/3
Story 1/3

Total Score 5/9

This book is available from Podiobooks.