Monday 3 March 2008

She

The official blurb

At 5 years old Leo Vincey is left in the care of a Cambridge professor by the name of Horace Holly. His father leaves him a strange casket which he is to open on his 25th Birthday. On opening the Casket Leo and Horace discover the strange history of Leo’s ancestors. Leo and his adoptive father Horace must travel all the way to Africa in order to uncover the solve his family’s strange history. - Blurb by Lizzie Driver

My Review

I've listened to "King Solomons Mines" by the same author so followed the authors name to this story. Sadly I was disapointed. KSM had been a real adventure, but this story was like a lost forlorn love story with a bit of "darkest aftrica" thrown in.

The story itself started alright with a mystery, but then wondered off in to boring realms. The characters were well done but the story was just lacking as far as I was concerned.

Sadly the recording also suffered. The story was read by various people taking various chapters, which is not normally a problem for me, but in this case as the story itself was not so engaging I found myself being jarred by the change in reader, and the readers styles changed dramaticly.

Reading = 1/3
Production = 2/3
Story = 1/3

Total = 4/9

You can find this at Librivox