Wednesday 26 January 2011

Owners Share by Nathan Lowell

Official Blurb

When Diurnia Salvage and Transport undergoes a change in management, Captain Ishmael Horatio Wang finds himself adrift in a sea of red ink, and intrigue. He dives in only to find that he is over his head in a universe where cut-throat competition takes on an all new meaning.

What price will he pay for his Owner’s Share?

My Review

This book is the sixth book in the series, it is also the final. The book continues the story of Ishmael Horatio Wang's rise in power and station. The author does another sterling job of reading his own work.

I remarked in reviews of the previous books in the series that despite nothing happening they were still good. This book breaks that pattern. The author has written a strong and fitting final episode to his serial.

I really do not want to give away any spoilers, (the title kind of does that) but what I can say is that I was blown away with this fantastic ending. I actually cried when it finished. Part of that was me wanting it to go on, but mostly it was down to the shock, the horror and the bitter sweet emotional elements that the author wove through his story.

If you haven't been listening along with the whole series, then this is not the place to start. The stories impact and meaning will be lost on you. Go back to the beginning of the series "Quarter Share" and start there.

If you've started this series, then I reccommend you finish it.

Reading 3/3
Production 2/3
Story 3/3

Total Score 8/9

Download it from the Podiobooks

Listen to the first part

.