Thursday 3 September 2009

Short Science Fiction Collection Vol. 015

Official Blurb

Science fiction (abbreviated SF or sci-fi with varying punctuation and case) is a broad genre of fiction that often involves sociological and technical speculations based on current or future science or technology. This is a reader-selected collection of short stories that entered the US public domain when their copyright was not renewed.

My Review

This is another much of short sci fi stories, in fact its the 15th(!!!!) collection from Librivox. Each story is read by a different reader and comes from different authors. This of course means that when you start listening you have no idea whats coming up. Some of the stories may be familar to you, but they were pretty new to me.

The collection has 10 stories of various lengths and there were 6 that I really enjoyed.

Beyond Lies the Wub
Crysal Egg
I'm a stranger here myself
New Accelerator
Radiant Shell
Scientist Rises

The final one I've listed really appealed to me, the odd fancy of it simply appealed and gave me a chuckle.

Reading 2/3
Production 2/3
Story 2/3

Total Score 6/9

Download it from Librivox

Listen to one of the stories

.