Thursday 30 October 2008

Half Share

The Official Blurb

A Trader's Tale from the Golden Age of the Solar Clipper : Book 2

After Ishmael Wang is promoted to the environmental section, he's caught in a swirl of mystery, doubt, belief, lust and a really nice fitting pair of jeans. He has to come to grips with what it means to be a spacer while he's still trying to figure out what it means to be a man. Join Ishmael, Brillo, Pip, and the rest of the crew of the Lois McKendrick as they help the newest member of the crew adjust to life in the Deep Dark.Half Share is the sequel to Quarter Share. Note: Some scenes in Half Share involve adult themes, nudity, sex and references to religions not based on Judeo-Christian traditions. Read at your own risk.

My Review

I was really digging the prequel to this book "Quarter Share". When I reviewed it I said that I really enjoyed it and I was going straight on to listen to this sequel.

I do not feel the same way about this audio book. It started really well in the same vein but then it just got smutty. I ended up skipping past three chapters because the author just brought in something totally out of step with the rest what the first book set us up for.

Although it's true that some trading took place in this book and that we had new charaters to expand our interest it devolved into smut.

I'm now undecided about listening to the next in the series. I dont like skipping chapters, I dont want to do that again.

As with the first book in the series the producton and reading are excellent a real nice listen ( when I dont have to skip chapters).

Reading 3/3
Production 2/3
Story 1/3

Total Score 6/9

Get it from Podiobooks

Get the first chapter.